Copyright InfringementsThe Designated Agent to respond to reports alleging copyright infringements on Syracuse University websites, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, is Christopher Croad, Director of Information Security for Information and Technology Services. Send any such allegations to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act specifies that all infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature
- Identification of the infringed work
- Identification of the infringed material
- Contact information for the complainant, e.g. address, telephone number, email address
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or the law
- A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
Agent Contact InformationChristopher Croad
Director of Information Security
Information Technology and Services
Machinery Hall 218
Syracuse, NY 13244
For more information on United States Copyright Laws, see the US Copyright Office .