Our investment in research means that undergraduates and graduates collaborate with some of the finest scholars and most nurturing faculty in the world. It is in that search for innovation that students often find inspiration that changes their lives.
The value of a Syracuse University education begins with our approach. Students can customize their own academic experience by blending the foundational power of the liberal arts with the intense focus of our professional programs. Students can choose from hundreds of majors, flexible study options, and programs that span the nation and globe. Start your academic journey here:
Undergraduate Majors and Minors
Choose from more than 200 majors and over 100 minors and embrace the interdisciplinary nature of Syracuse University’s academic options.
Graduate Degree Programs
Choose from more than 200 advanced degree programs from across Syracuse’s 13 schools and colleges, then customize your education with a rich selection of courses, internships, and research projects.
Schools and Colleges
Within Syracuse’s 13 schools and colleges, you’ll find 200 majors and 100 minors, hundreds of the world’s top researchers and scholars, and almost infinite opportunity.
Stay updated on on key Syracuse calendar items. Here you’ll find all registration dates, course schedules, financial deadlines, and degree award dates to keep you on time and on point.
Research at Syracuse seeks to address pressing global needs, and strives to involve students at every opportunity. The University is home to over 30 research centers that span disciplines, including the Syracuse Biomaterials Institute, Moynihan Institute of Global Affairs, the Tully Center for Free Speech, and George E. Bennett Center for Accounting and Tax Research.
Syracuse is committed to advancing research excellence to address pressing global needs, basic research that advances fundamental understanding, and curiosity-driven inquiry.
At Syracuse, you’ll do more than just pursue your passion. You’ll be given the tools and opportunities that will enable you to flourish in your chosen area of study.
The Insititute for Veterans and Military Families is higher education’s first interdisciplinary academic institute, singularly focused on advancing the lives of the nation’s military veterans and their families.
Also in this Section
- Study AbroadChoose from over 100 different programs within 60 countries, and engage in internships, Signature Seminars, language study, homestay, and community engagement projects.
- Honors ProgramAccomplished students who are seeking to maximize their education and distinguish themselves academically and professionally can apply to join the Renée Crown University Honors Program.
- Course CatalogInside the course catalog, you’ll find detailed information about all of the schools, colleges, and hundreds of distinct degree programs offered by Syracuse University
- Libraries, Collections, and GalleriesOur vast libraries, research collections, and museums and galleries provide you with endless opportunities for discovery and personal growth.
- Summer College for High School StudentsSummer College for high school students offers a broad range of 2-, 3-, 4- and 6-week programs that represent the various colleges Syracuse University.
- Academic AdministrationThe administration provides leadership and counsel on academic programs, policies, faculty recruitment and support, research, and support for academic affairs.
- List of Academic DepartmentsThe interdisciplinary nature of Syracuse will inspire you to expand upon your interests in ways you've never considered.