Applying is easy and only takes minutes using the Common Application.
Use the Common Application to apply if you are a:
- Domestic first-year or transfer student
- International first-year or transfer student
Be aware of the application deadlines for individual programs and enrollment options.
How to Apply
Prospective students have three enrollment options to choose from. After deciding on an enrollment plan, it is important to review application deadlines because they differ depending on your program and enrollment option of choice.
- Domestic Applicants (U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident)
- International Applicants
Select Syracuse University as a choice of school. Complete the Common Application and submit to Syracuse University.
You may find it helpful to review what we look for in our applicants.
- Fee Waiver: We strive to support all students and families who wish to apply to Syracuse University. If you are interested in a fee waiver, please review the eligibility requirements and instructions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Optional First Semester Abroad: Applicants to the College of Arts and Sciences have the option of applying for Discovery Programs which allow students to spend the fall semester of their freshman year in Florence, Madrid, or Strasbourg. Applicants to the College of Engineering have the option of spending the fall semester of their freshman year in Madrid. If you wish to apply for a Discovery Program, select "Yes" in the drop down menu on the Common App. An additional Discovery Program application supplement is required and will be sent to you via email after you submit your Common App.
- Veterans: Please use the veterans and military-connected students online application.
Begin your application
Please use the following codes:
Test Optional Note: Given the extraordinary circumstances facing high school students and families due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SAT/ACT scores will not be required for students applying for fall 2023 admission. Students who are unable to submit test scores, or who choose not to, will not be disadvantaged and will remain eligible for merit scholarships. Please read the full details surrounding this update here.
You will receive an email confirmation from the University once your application is received. This can take up to 3-4 days from the time you submit through the Common Application. Once we process your application you will receive and email from Syracuse University with a temporary PIN and link to access your Syracuse application portal. You will be able to check your application status via your portal. If you have not received confirmation after two weeks, you are welcome to email email@example.com. to have someone in the office check for you. Please note, Syracuse University will begin uploading applications from the Common Application in early September. If you submit your application prior to September 1, it may be a few weeks before you receive confirmation.
Your admission to Syracuse University is contingent upon maintaining the same level of academic achievement, graduating from secondary school, and having a record of good citizenship at all times. The University expects our students to conduct themselves in a manner that aligns with and is supportive of the educational mission of the institution. Integrity, respect for others, and a commitment to intellectual and personal growth within a diverse, global society, are fundamental to membership in this University community. Civic engagement is strongly encouraged. Admissions decisions will not be affected by participation in or disciplinary action associated with peaceful, meaningful protest.