By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

A drone image of Syracuse University's campus.

Use this checklist if you are intending to apply to Syracuse University as a transfer student.

This section outlines what you need to do to complete your application if one of the following describes you:

  • You are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and have attended an institution of higher education for any period of time after graduating from secondary school and received graded credit in academic coursework.
  • You earned a high school diploma/GED, enrolled in a degree program at another college or university, and completed at least 12 credit hours.

If you have taken college classes without enrolling in a degree program, or will have less than 12 credits when you plan to enroll at Syracuse University, you should apply as a first-year student. Transfer students are evaluated primarily on the basis of their college-level work. If you’re unsure of your status, contact

Contact Us

Call us 315.443.3611 or contact your admissions representative for specific questions about your academic program.

Get in touch


Follow these steps to complete your application:

Transfer requirements differ slightly from our first-year requirements, so you should review before completing your application.

Complete the Common Application or Coalition Application powered by Scoir, and submit to Syracuse University.

*If you are eligible for an application fee waiver you will be able to indicate this on the Common Application or Coalition Application.

The transcript(s) that lists your final collegiate grades should be sent to the recorder in the Syracuse college to which you’ve been admitted.

Available through the Common Application, Coalition Application or download the pdf to submit. Syracuse University requires a College Report Form from each school that you’ve attended.

One academic recommendation is required.

Additional application materials vary for each school or college.

View our college-specific application requirements.

These are required for applicants to the School of Architecture or College of Visual and Performing Arts programs in art and design, drama or music.