One of the top reasons military-connected students choose Syracuse is academic breadth. You’ll select from among 200 majors and 100 minors within 13 schools and colleges, knowing that no matter what school you choose, you’ll find other students with ties to the Armed Forces.
In recognition of your service, your application fee has been waived.
Reasons to Consider Syracuse
- Part-time and online study options
- No-cost transition programs
- Veteran-dedicated staff
- Academic counseling
- Career advising
- Veteran and military-specific library resources
- The VetSuccess Program
- Early registration benefits
- Allowed leaves of absence
- The Veterans Legal Clinic
- Special degree programs
- Air Force and Army ROTC
- Student Veterans Organization
- Office of Veteran and Military Affairs (OVMA)
- Syracuse’s reputation, placement rates, and worldwide alumni network
- Make your Syracuse degree affordable [PDF, 2MB]
- Additional veteran and military resources
- Veterans and military-connected students viewbook
Syracuse University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, agreeing to make additional funds available without an additional charge to GI Bill® entitlements. The VA matches this voluntary contribution. View the tuition guide [PDF, 2MB].
Syracuse University has long provided educational opportunities for veterans, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because of the perspective and experience service members bring to campus.
Conveniently learn more about Syracuse University. Veteran and military-specific admissions representatives travel to events, bases, and community colleges throughout the country to meet with prospective students.