Esports Communications and Management encompasses all aspects of research, academic programs and event production to provide learners with a holistic esports education based in experiential learning that will prepare them for valuable careers in esports and across other industries.
This first of its kind esports degree program is housed in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications and the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics and offers three tracks:
- Esports Business and Management
- Esports Communications
- Esports Media and Design
About the Newhouse School of Public Communications
The Newhouse School is training the next generation of communications leaders—Professionals who are ready to shape the future of the rapidly-changing media industry.
About the Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
Social justice principles are at the foundation of our programs. Academics, service learning projects, internships, research opportunities, immersion travel and clubs connected to our majors prepare students for careers to make a difference in the communities where they will live and work.
Learn more about the Esports Communications and Management program.
Core coursework provides students with industry-specific competencies in event management and marketing, broadcasting/production, communications, content creation, entrepreneurship, strategic communications, and esports experience and design. Sample courses include:
- Principles of Sales in Sport
- The Business of Esports
- Esports and Event Management
- Topics in Communications for Esports
- Design and World Building for Esports
- Race, Gender and Diversity in Sport Organizations
- Virtual Reality Storytelling
In addition to coursework, the Esports Communications and Management program offers research and field experiences that help students explore and understand the rapidly expanding esports industry.
- Gain communications, marketing, event management and leadership skills through campus experiences that facilitate esports camps, workshops, conventions and professional conferences.
- Job shadow esports industry professionals including those involved with broadcasting, media, sales and marketing, information technology, event organization and entertainment.
- Intern at companies like Activision, Twitch and Epic Games.
Join the Esports Club Team to gain leadership experience and help organize events.
Ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., the Syracuse Abroad program has more than 100 programs in 60 countries, with nearly half of all students going abroad during their four years.
Life After Syracuse University
Students will gain transferable skills through the lens of esports and be prepared to excel in a number of fields within and outside of the esports industry. A degree in Esports Communications and Management can set the foundation for a career as a/an:
- Broadcast manager
- Social media optimizer
- Head of product marketing
- Event director
- Business developer
- Technical producer
Or pursue graduate-level education. Students often choose the areas of business administration, law or design.