You’ll gain the strategic thinking and sound analytical capabilities you need to understand and react to the demands of the customer. You’ll work in project teams – just as professionals do – to develop products, determine pricing, and set up promotions, preparing you for a lifetime career in areas including:
- Consumer marketing: Offer expertise on reaching consumers and getting products to market.
- Account service: Work on the agency side to promote client brands.
- Business development: Contribute to company sales and organizational growth.
- Marketing management: Decide what to sell and guide the promotion of a brand or product.
The Whitman School develops entrepreneurial managers who will become leaders in an era of global competitiveness. Programs are built around the major driving forces in business today: entrepreneurial management, globalization, use of technology, and leadership.
Core coursework covers brand management, measurement, and market research. Sample courses include:
- Marketing and the Internet
- Environmental Influences on Innovation
- Marketing Channel Management
- Global Supply Chain Strategy
- Marketing Community and Public Service Agencies
- Marketing Strategies for Innovations
- Gain an edge in a competitive job market by selecting Newhouse, where you’ll prepare to become an effective business leader and communicator.
- The new Arts and Sciences dual program allows students to select one of four majors in the sciences, preparing them to work in fields such as pharmaceuticals.
- Select the iSchool to develop a working knowledge of business along with technical training in information systems, setting yourself apart from traditional management students.
- Complete your B.S. and J.D. in six years through the Whitman School and College of Law 3+3 Joint Degree Program.
Your marketing management coursework will be significantly enhanced by participation in practical learning opportunities.
- Travel to prominent New York City firms on the Goldberg Marketing Career Exploration Trip to explore a variety of industries.
- Expand your network and knowledge base as a member of the American Marketing Association’s student chapter.
- Intern at top corporations including GEICO, News America Marketing, NBCUniversal, Hallmark Cards, AT&T, IBM and The Hershey Company.
- Gain an edge through your IMPRESS* score, which measures achievement in the areas of professional development and emotional intelligence, major/industry exploration, certifications, global context, and community engagement.
*A Whitman School exclusive
Broaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., Syracuse Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries.
Marketing management students most often go abroad at Syracuse centers in Florence, Hong Kong, London, and Madrid, and to World Partner programs DIS Copenhagen, DIS Stockholm, Tel Aviv University, and the University of New South Wales.
Summer programs of interest may include Made in Italy and Business Excellence: Food, Fashion, and Design (Florence), and Managing in a Spanish Setting (Madrid).
Life After Syracuse University
With a degree in marketing management, you will be well-prepared to explore such careers as:
- Account manager
- Marketing consultant
- Brand manager
- Business development manager
- Not-for-profit marketing director