- Consumer marketing: Offer expertise on reaching consumers and getting products to market.
- Account service: Work on the agency side to promote client brands.
- Business development: Contribute to company sales and organizational growth.
- Marketing management: Decide what to sell and guide the promotion of a brand or product.
The Whitman School develops entrepreneurial managers who will become leaders in an era of global competitiveness. Programs are built around the major driving forces in business today: entrepreneurial management, globalization, use of technology and leadership.
CoursesCore coursework covers brand management, measurement and market research. Sample courses include:
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
- Global Marketing Strategy
- Brand Management
- Sales Management in B2B Markets
Dual EnrollmentThe Whitman School of Management offers dual major programs with the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications , the College of Arts and Sciences / Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and the School of Information Studies (iSchool).
- Gain an edge in a competitive job market by selecting Newhouse, where you’ll prepare to become an effective business leader and communicator.
- The new Arts and Sciences/Maxwell dual program allows students to select one of seven majors in the sciences, preparing them to work in fields such as pharmaceuticals.
- Select the iSchool to develop a working knowledge of business along with technical training in information systems, setting yourself apart from traditional management students.
- Complete your B.S. and J.D. in six years through the Whitman School and College of Law 3+3 Joint Degree Program .
Practical ExperienceYour marketing management coursework will be significantly enhanced by participation in practical learning opportunities.
- Travel to prominent New York City firms on the Goldberg Marketing Career Exploration Trip to explore a variety of industries.
- Join Pulp Marketing Club , a professional organization consisting of students whose purpose is to promote interest in the field of marketing.
- Intern at top corporations including Mindshare, Unilever and Universal Pictures.
- Gain an edge through your IMPRESS* score , which measures achievement in the areas of professional development and emotional intelligence, major/industry exploration, certifications, global context, and community engagement.
Study AbroadBroaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., Syracuse Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries.
Life After Syracuse UniversityWith a degree in marketing management, you will be well-prepared to explore such careers as:
- Account manager
- Marketing consultant
- Brand manager
- Marketing coordinator
- Not-for-profit marketing director