- Operations: Help companies operate efficiently and profitably.
- Consulting: Guide company decision-making.
- Business development: Contribute to organizational growth.
- Administration: Advise and add value to a company’s structure and inner workings.
The Whitman School develops entrepreneurial managers who will become leaders in an era of global competitiveness. Programs are built around the major driving forces in business today: entrepreneurial management, globalization, use of technology and leadership.
CoursesCore coursework covers organizational process, leadership, and business policy. Sample courses include:
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Management and Ethics
- Organizational Behavior
- Leadership and Organization Change
Dual EnrollmentThe Whitman School of Management offers dual major programs with the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications , the College of Arts and Sciences / Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and the School of Information Studies (iSchool).
- Gain an edge in a competitive job market by selecting Newhouse, where you’ll prepare to become an effective business leader and communicator.
- The new Arts and Sciences/Maxwell dual program allows students to select one of seven majors in the sciences, preparing them to work in fields such as pharmaceuticals.
- Select the iSchool to develop a working knowledge of business along with technical training in information systems, setting yourself apart from traditional management students.
- Complete your B.S. and J.D. in six years through the Whitman School and College of Law 3+3 Joint Degree Program .
Practical ExperienceThe program offers many opportunities to gain hands-on experience and expert perspectives. Combined with comprehensive and timely coursework, you’ll build a compelling resume by taking advantage of opportunities to:
- Provide professional business solutions to companies and interact with company executives as a member of the Whitman Consulting Club .
- Intern at top corporations such as Accenture, GE, Pfizer, the TJX Companies and Synchrony.
- Network and receive mentoring from the Management Department Advisory board that boasts members from companies like Chubb, FedEx Express and Morgan Stanley.
- Gain an edge through your IMPRESS* score, which measures achievement in the areas of professional development and emotional intelligence, major/industry exploration, certifications, global context, and community engagement.
Study AbroadBroaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., Syracuse Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries.
Life After Syracuse UniversityWith a degree in management, you will be well-prepared to explore such careers as:
- Human resources manager
- Business consultant
- Operations manager
- Business development strategist