You’re considered a transfer student if you've enrolled in a degree program at another college or university, and completed at least 12 credit hours. If you have taken college classes without enrolling in a degree program, or will have less than 12 credits when you plan to enroll, you should apply as a first-year student.
We have the resources and services ready to make you feel at home, no matter when you join the Syracuse family. Our dedicated transfer student team is here to help. Contact us at email@example.com or call 315.443.3611 with any questions.
If you enrolled in an institution of higher education as a full-time student after graduating from secondary school and received graded credit in academic coursework, please apply as a transfer student.
If you are intending to apply to Syracuse University as a transfer student, use this checklist to complete your application.
Syracuse University has partnerships with a select number of institutions. These partnerships assist in transferring coursework to comparable Syracuse programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What defines a transfer student?
- Can I take courses on a part-time basis?
- When will I receive my credit evaluation to see which credits will transfer?
- I applied to Syracuse before; will I need to submit a new application?
- Can I still apply even though the deadline has passed?
- Do you accept credits from my college?
- More frequently asked questions