This program enables select students to enroll at Wells College and work towards a transfer to Syracuse University.
Note: Only students who are invited to this program may participate.
As a program participant, students have access to all that Wells College has to offer, including small class-sizes, caring faculty, over 40 student organizations, and a welcoming, lake-side campus in Aurora, NY, about an hour from Syracuse, NY. Students will also participate in a year-long English support program while at Wells College.
Following their two semesters at Wells College, students will spend 12 weeks in a level 4 English Language Proficiency program at the English Language Institute (ELI) located on the Syracuse University campus. They will receive intensive English instruction, take part in conversation groups and organized social activities, and have the opportunity to live on the Syracuse University campus.
Students meeting the below criteria will be guaranteed admission to Syracuse University’s College of Arts & Sciences. Other programs will be considered based upon strength of academic performance.
Criteria and Steps
Here is how select students will pursue their Syracuse University degree if they accept the offer to the program:
- Students will take a full course load (15 hours per semester for a total of 30 hours) at nearby Wells College for the fall and spring semesters, plus a year-long English support program.
- During the following summer, students will participate in a 12-week English Language Proficiency Level 4 program at the English Language Institute.
- Upon passing English Language Proficiency Level 4 and achieving a minimum of 3.0 at Wells College, they will be able to transfer their Wells College credits to Syracuse University. Students must submit their transcript, along with proof of sufficient funding, to Syracuse University at the conclusion of the spring semester of their freshman year at Wells College. The official transcript deadline is July 1.
- Students will then complete their bachelor’s degree at Syracuse University.
Note: If students do not pass English Language Proficiency Level 4 and achieve a 3.0 GPA, they will be able to continue at Wells College for their sophomore year.
- Refer to the decision letter that you received and submit the electronic form to indicate your interest, or contact email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the Certificate of Finances form (PDF) and send along with an image or photo copy of the ID section of your passport to Wells College at IntlAdmission@wells.edu.
For questions, please contact:
Syracuse University: Scott Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.3611
English Language Institute: David Lind at email@example.com or 315.443.2895.
Wells College: Isabel Caprood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.952.9355