Visit the First-Year and Transfer Programs Required Tasks webpage for a complete list and instructions.
MySlice Online Portal
- MySlice is the University’s online portal to critical information resources for students. In MySlice, you can complete your Admissions Acceptance Form, review Financial Aid checklists and awards, and connect with your Academic Advisor in Orange Success.
- In order to be eligible for priority registration for veterans and military students, you must update your Military Status in the Personal Services section of MySlice.
- Parking Permits are available for purchase in MySlice in the Parking and Transit Services section.
SUMail Student Email System
- The Syracuse University email policy requires that all official university email communications be sent to your @syr.edu email address. You will not be issued an @syr.edu email address until you complete your Admissions Acceptance Form in MySlice.
- Veteran students who'd like to live in on-campus housing should contact Eileen Simmons, director of housing, to inquire about capacity.
- If you plan to live off-campus, connect with the Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services, including online Off-Campus Housing Finder.
- Our Office of Veteran Success team is here to assist you. If you are using VA educational benefits to pay for your education, you'll receive deadline reminders each semester through the University's student web portal, MySlice. Reminders post as part of the Financial Aid "To Do" list. Review your "To Do" list periodically for items needed.
- If you have questions regarding the GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon Program, Certificate of Eligibility, or other questions, please email the Office of Veteran Success at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315.443.0358.
- We recommend applying for Federal Aid through the FAFSA and also applying for Syracuse University aid through the CSS Profile each year, even if you are using GI Bill or other VA benefits.
- Veterans and servicemembers coming off active-duty or full-time employment should inquire with the Office of Financial Aid about any appeal in funding due to a change from full-time employment to full-time student status. Contact the office of Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or 315.443.1513.
- The Office of Financial Literacy can assist you with money management and budgeting skills.
Transfer Credit Evaluation and Registration
- The advisor in your home school/college will evaluate all transcripts and assist you with course selection and registration. You will find the school-specific process here.
- To receive any applicable transfer credits for your military service, please submit copies of your Joint Services Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force transcripts (CCAF) to your home college.
Student Veterans Organization
- Become a member of our Student Veterans Organization (SVO) to connect with a Peer Advisor for Veteran Education (P.A.V.E.), attend networking and social programs, and tap into resources for veterans, active-duty, National Guard, and reservists.
VA VetSuccess On Campus (VSOC)
- Schedule an appointment with your VA VetSuccess On Campus (VSOC) counselor, Kate Untiedt at 315.443.0177, to review possible benefits while you are attending training and discuss your transition to campus.
Disability Services Liaison
- Our disability services liaison for veterans will assist you with questions and resources about registering with the Office of Disability Services, VA Disability services, service animals, and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get started on career preparation with our Career Services Office. Jennifer Pluta, assistant director of Veteran Career Services, will assist you with resume writing, workshops, networking and hiring events, and more at 315.443.3616.
If you have any questions, please feel free to connect with our Office of Veterans and Military Affairs at email@example.com or 315.443.0141.