Through meaningful hands-on learning, accomplished faculty, and interaction with successful executives, you’ll gain a decided edge over your peers in the marketplace as you build a career in:
- Commercial real estate: Broker stores, malls, office buildings, and industrial parks.
- Property management: Manage and grow a portfolio of properties.
- Healthcare real estate: Facilitate real estate transactions for the healthcare industry.
- Real estate development: Build and renovate a collection of properties.
Core coursework covers finance, investing, and management. Sample courses include:
- Real Estate Principles
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Case Studies in Real Estate Investment and Finance
- Financial Management
- The new Arts and Sciences dual program allows students to select one of four majors in the sciences, preparing them to work in fields such as pharmaceuticals.
- Select the iSchool to develop a working knowledge of business along with technical training in information systems, setting yourself apart from traditional management students.
- Gain an edge in a competitive job market by selecting Newhouse, where you’ll prepare to become an effective business leader and communicator.
- Complete your B.S. and J.D. in six years through the Whitman School and College of Law 3+3 Joint Degree Program.
The real estate program boasts many opportunities to gain hands-on experience and expert perspectives. Combined with comprehensive and timely coursework, the major is designed to help you build a compelling resume.
- Explore the industry’s latest trends during an annual real estate symposium and one-week real estate course taught in New York City.
- Learn more about the industry through dynamic discussions, guest speakers and site visits as a member of the Real Estate Club.
- Intern at top firms such as Barclays, CBRE, Cohen Financial, FTI Consulting, Healthcare Real Estate Capital, Horn Companies, Jones Lang LaSalle, Marcus & Millichap, Moody’s, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank and Silverstein Properties.
- Network with accomplished industry professionals who share their time and experienced perspective as members of the Advisory Board.
- Gain an edge through your IMPRESS* score, which measures achievement in the areas of professional development and emotional intelligence, major/industry exploration, certifications, global context, and community engagement.
- Apply to work on projects for corporate clients through Whitman’s Consurtio firm, which gives you the chance to immediately use and build on skills learned in the classroom.
*A Whitman school exclusive
Broaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., SU Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries. Real estate students most often go abroad in Hong Kong, Istanbul, and London.
Life After Syracuse University
With a degree in real estate, you will be well-prepared to explore careers including:
- Real estate broker
- Property manager
- Real estate developer
- Real estate advisor