Through meaningful hands-on learning, accomplished faculty, and interaction with successful executives, you’ll gain a decided edge over your peers in the marketplace as you build a career in:
- Commercial real estate: Broker stores, malls, office buildings, and industrial parks.
- Property management: Manage and grow a portfolio of properties.
- Healthcare real estate: Facilitate real estate transactions for the healthcare industry.
- Real estate development: Build and renovate a collection of properties.
The Whitman School develops entrepreneurial managers who will become leaders in an era of global competitiveness. Programs are built around the major driving forces in business today: entrepreneurial management, globalization, use of technology and leadership.
Core coursework covers finance, investing, and management. Sample courses include:
- Real Estate Principles
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Case Studies in Real Estate Investment and Finance
The Whitman School of Management offers dual major programs with the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, the College of Arts and Sciences/Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and the School of Information Studies (iSchool).
- The new Arts and Sciences/Maxwell dual program allows students to select one of seven majors in the sciences, preparing them to work in fields such as pharmaceuticals.
- Select the iSchool to develop a working knowledge of business along with technical training in information systems, setting yourself apart from traditional management students.
- Gain an edge in a competitive job market by selecting Newhouse, where you’ll prepare to become an effective business leader and communicator.
- Complete your B.S. and J.D. in six years through the Whitman School and College of Law 3+3 Joint Degree Program.
The real estate program boasts many opportunities to gain hands-on experience and expert perspectives. Combined with comprehensive and timely coursework, the major is designed to help you build a compelling resume.
- Explore the industry’s latest trends during an annual real estate symposium and one-week real estate course taught in New York City.
- Learn more about the industry through dynamic discussions, guest speakers and site visits as a member of the Real Estate Club.
- Intern at top firms such as Fetner Properties Inc., Related Companies and Chatham Financial.
- Network with accomplished industry professionals who share their time and experienced perspective as members of the Advisory Board.
- Gain an edge through your IMPRESS* score, which measures achievement in the areas of professional development and emotional intelligence, major/industry exploration, certifications, global context, and community engagement.
*A Whitman school exclusive
Broaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., Syracuse Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries.
Real estate majors most often go abroad to Syracuse University centers in Florence, London, and Madrid, and to our World Partner program CEA Prague.
Life After Syracuse University
With a degree in real estate, you will be well-prepared to explore careers including:
- Commercial real estate analyst
- Real estate broker
- Property manager
- Real estate developer
- Real estate advisor
Visit the Whitman School
For more information or to visit the Whitman School, please contact Rachel DuBois, director of undergraduate recruitment, at 315.443.9222.