Browse the list below for specifics related to housing at Syracuse University:
Housing for First-Year Students
Living in a residence hall on campus keeps you close to all the action and provides a convenient homebase for studying and relaxing.
Residence Facilities and Rates
You’ll find it easy to make yourself at home in one of Syracuse’s 21 residence halls, with accommodations to meet diverse needs.
After your first year, you may be interested in expanding your housing horizons to enjoy South Campus’s apartment-style living arrangements.
Make a home for you and your family close to or on campus with various housing, childcare, and support options.
Are you looking to connect with students who share your passions? Participating in a learning community or interest housing provides you the opportunity to live and learn with other students who have similar interests.
You don’t have to live on campus to be a vital part of the Syracuse University community. There are many ways to connect with fellow students and make your time on campus productive, meaningful, and fun!
The Office of Residence Life has over 350 professional, graduate, and undergraduate student staff who serve all students living in on-campus residence halls or apartments. We work to make your living experience comfortable, safe, and convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the residence halls like?
- Can I choose my roommate and specific building/type of room for my first year?
- When do admitted students receive their housing assignments?
- Is campus housing available for transfer students?
- Does the university guarantee housing?
- Is tobacco use allowed in University housing facilities?
- More frequently asked questions