Use the Transfer Evaluation Self-Service (TESS) tool to determine how your courses from other institutions may apply towards your intended degree program at Syracuse University.
If you have questions regarding transfer credit or if you need assistance using TESS, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com
*Please be aware that there may be accessibility issues that impact screen reader users.
Steps to Using the Syracuse University Transfer Evaluation Self-Service
- Answer a few questions. You will be asked to fill in some details on your planned degree program at Syracuse University.
- Select the semester when you plan to start at Syracuse University.
- Then choose which college, degree and major you plan to pursue. Check out our full list of majors.
- Enter the courses you've taken. You will be asked to enter each of the courses you've taken at other institutions. First, select the institution, then the course taken, when it was taken and what grade you received. The only grades available in the drop-down menu are those deemed to be eligible for transfer (grades of “C” or better). You can enter multiple courses from the same institution or courses from multiple institutions if included in the database.
- Once you've entered all classes, click the "I'm all done!" button to view the results. This brings you to an unofficial transfer evaluation that shows how your transfer courses may be accepted at Syracuse University and a preliminary degree audit that tells you how your transfer courses may apply toward your chosen degree/major.
- Next steps:
- Download a PDF of the results to print or save
- Apply for admission to Syracuse University
If you want to change your intended degree, major or college you can click back on Basics and make your changes. You will not need to re-enter your courses again.