Applying is easy and only takes minutes using the Common Application.
Common Application Support Center
The Applicant Support Center is a great resource provided by the Common Application with FAQs, video tutorials, and access to technical support.
Syracuse University Office of Admissions
Speak to us in person, over the phone or by email for support with the admissions process.
College Specific Requirements
If your school or college has specific application requirements such as portfolios, audition materials or other additional items, please follow the instructions for submission.
How to Apply
1. Review our enrollment options and application deadlines
Prospective students have three enrollment options to choose from. After deciding on an enrollment plan, it is important to review application deadlines because they differ depending on your program and enrollment option of choice.
2. View your application checklist
- Domestic Applicants (U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident)
- International Applicants
3. Complete your application through the Common Application
Select Syracuse University as a choice of school. Complete the Common Application and submit to Syracuse University.
- Fee Waiver: We strive to support all students and families who wish to apply to Syracuse University. If you are interested in a fee waiver, please review the eligibility requirements and instructions . Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Optional First Semester Abroad: Applicants to the College of Arts and Sciences have the option of applying for Discovery Programs which allow students to spend the fall semester of their freshman year in Florence, Madrid, or Strasbourg. Applicants to the College of Engineering have the option of spending the fall semester of their freshman year in Madrid. If you wish to apply for a Discovery Program, select "Yes" in the drop down menu on the Common App. An additional Discovery Program application supplement is required and will be sent to you via email after you submit your Common App.
- Veterans: Please use the veterans and military-connected students online application .
4. Check to see if your college requires any additional materials
If you need to send additional application materials to Syracuse University, please use the appropriate application mailing address .
5. Send your standardized test scores to Syracuse University
Please use the following codes:
- SAT: 2823
- ACT: 2968
Test Optional Note: Given the extraordinary circumstances facing high school students and families due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SAT/ACT scores will not be required for students applying for fall 2022 admission. Students who are unable to submit test scores, or who choose not to, will not be disadvantaged and will remain eligible for merit scholarships. Please read the full details surrounding this update here.
Please allow up to seven days from the date your materials are submitted for items to be reflected as complete in our system. We will send you e-mail notices as key application materials are received and, therefore, completed.
Your admission to Syracuse University is contingent upon maintaining the same level of academic achievement, graduating from secondary school, and having a record of good citizenship at all times. The University expects our students to conduct themselves in a manner that aligns with and is supportive of the educational mission of the institution. Integrity, respect for others, and a commitment to intellectual and personal growth within a diverse, global society, are fundamental to membership in this University community. Civic engagement is strongly encouraged. Admissions decisions will not be affected by participation in or disciplinary action associated with peaceful, meaningful protest.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What parts of the Common Application are required for Syracuse University?
- Where can I find additional assistance on completing the Common Application?
- How do I submit my application if I have a fee waiver?
- I'm applying Early Decision. Where do I find the ED Agreement form?
- Will I receive confirmation when Syracuse University receives my application?
- What is the word count max/min for the questions in the Additional Information section?
- More frequently asked questions