Students will complete core courses and electives that emphasize the applications of analytics to business decision making. Foundational knowledge in data management and analytics for business will arm students with the skills needed to collate and manage data from disparate sources.
The Whitman School develops entrepreneurial managers who will become leaders in an era of global competitiveness. Programs are built around the major driving forces in business today: entrepreneurial management, globalization, use of technology and leadership.
Curriculum includes foundation knowledge in business statistics and analytics and offers specializations in accounting analytics, financial analytics, marketing analytics and supply chain analytics.
Sample courses include:
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Data Management for Business
- Business Network Models
- Data Mining for Business
- Marketing Analytics
The Whitman School of Management offers dual major programs with the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, the College of Arts and Sciences / Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and the School of Information Studies (iSchool).
- Gain an edge in a competitive job market by selecting Newhouse, where you’ll prepare to become an effective business leader and communicator.
- The Arts and Sciences/Maxwell dual program allows students to select one of seven majors in the sciences, preparing them to work in fields such as pharmaceuticals.
- Select the iSchool to develop a working knowledge of business along with technical training in information systems, setting yourself apart from traditional management students.
Complete your B.S. and J.D. in six years through the Whitman School and College of Law 3+3 Joint Degree Program.
In addition to the rigorous educational experience, you’ll gain the skills and experience employers seek, such as leadership and communication through the Goodman IMPRESS* Program. Using gamification and a four-house competitive model, students earn points while building skills for career success. Other opportunities include:
- Internships at leading business organizations
- Network during the program’s many special events, such as career exploration trips to New York City, guest speaker events and panel discussions.
* A Whitman exclusive
Broaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., Syracuse Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries.
Whitman students go abroad to Syracuse University centers in Florence, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Santiago, Strasbourg and Central Europe and to World Partner programs.
Life After Syracuse University
The business analytics program’s opportunities to gain hands-on experience with the analytics tools and platforms used in industry, combined with comprehensive and timely coursework, will help you build in-depth knowledge and crucial skills for success in an increasingly data-driven world. Recent Whitman graduates have accepted business analytics-related roles at companies such as Bloomberg, PwC, Bank of America and Credit Suisse.
Visit the Whitman School
For more information or to visit the Whitman School, please contact Rachel DuBois, director of undergraduate recruitment, at 315.443.9222.