By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Summer Sessions

Summer’s cool at Syracuse University, online or on campus.

Student works on her laptop outside of Newhouse, with the Hall of Languages in the background

Summer study provides opportunities to boost your GPA and stay on track for graduation or prepare to enjoy a semester abroad. Shorter sessions allow you to earn credits before your summer job even starts.

Transfer students and those who attend other colleges during the regular semesters are welcome to attend Syracuse Summer Sessions. Academic options for visiting students include on-campus and online courses as well as study abroad programs. Be sure to check with your home college to be sure your transfer credits will be accepted.

Get Started


Start planning now for the most productive summer ever! Finding classes to take this summer has never been easier. Just search for your desired summer term courses in MySlice.

Current students can register via Student who attend other colleges should follow the College of Professional Studies' instructions to search and register.

Dates and Deadlines

Whether you want to squeeze in a few credits before heading off to your summer internship or spend three months soaking up the sun in Syracuse, you're sure to find a summer session that will fit your schedule. We offer courses as short as two weeks and as long as 12.

For information about summer session dates and deadlines, review the Academic Calendar.

Add/Drop Deadlines

It is the student’s responsibility to know the financial implications associated with dropping a class. The deadlines related to a particular class are available in several locations on MySlice, including class search, your class schedule and financial deadlines.

Financial Aid

Summer is a separate term from the academic year, and completion of a separate aid application is required for all students who plan to attend classes in the summer term.

Housing and Dining

On-Campus Housing

Students registered for summer sessions may reside on main campus in a residence hall. Apartment-style housing is available on South Campus, where a minimum occupancy period of six weeks is required.

You must complete the online Housing and Meal Plan Application on MySlice. By completing the application, you are expected to comply with the rules in the University Housing Agreement. For more information on summer housing, contact the Office of Housing and Meal Plan Services at

Off-Campus Housing

The Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services offers information, resource referrals, and support in the off-campus housing experience. For more information, call 315.443.5489.

Dining Options

All North Campus undergraduate students must choose a 19 or 14 meal-per-week plan, which will be given to the student in a block of meal to use during their time on campus.

Ernie Davis Dining Center features a marketplace concept with plenty of presentation and cook-to-order features. The meal plans must be used in this facility. Meals can also be purchased with cash or ‘CUSE Cash.

Schine Dining Center is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-3 p.m. The dining center is closed on University holidays. Food can be purchased with cash, ‘CUSE Cash, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA.



Full-time matriculated students should contact the Main Campus Registrar’s Office at

or 315-443-2422.

Part-time undergraduates, non-matriculated students, and graduate students matriculated in the IDD&E online program should contact the College of Professional Studies at

or 315-443-4135.