At the center of our efforts to create a respectful, just, and inclusive community, the LGBTQ Resource Center provides resources, programming, and advocacy designed to build a stronger and safer place that celebrates our individuality together.
- Support LGBTQ+ and questioning students explore the complexity of their identities and connect them with existing campus resources.
- Collaborate with University partners to advise on campus climate issues, policies, practices, and advocate for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Provide the campus community with educational opportunities and outreach on current LGBTQ+ issues that affect the student experience.
- Integrate LGBTQ+ representation across University programming initiatives.
We provide intentional spaces for discussion, opportunities for self-reflection and learning, and platforms for community building. We encourage you to explore our wide range of opportunities and connect with a network of support and purpose.
Safe Zone is a campus-wide program provided by the LGBTQ Resource Center committed to making Syracuse University safer, more welcoming, and an inclusive environment for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) community.
The Trans 101 workshop builds off of the LGBTQ Resource Center’s LGBTQ+ 101 and Safe Zone workshops to offer a training specifically focused on transgender issues.
LGBTQ+ 101 training will offer basic terminology and definitions, an explanation of the barriers to queer and trans inclusivity, an exercise on privilege, and an overview of services and resources available at Syracuse University. This workshop is run through the Wellness Leadership Institute at the Barnes Center at the Arch.
Pronoun Competency Workshop
Syracuse University MySlice portal now includes pronoun options! We encourage all students, staff, and faculty to select and share their pronouns in the portal.
Trans Affinity Group
A group for trans, nonbinary, genderqueer, and gender questioning individuals at SU and ESF.
QTPOC Affinity Group
A group for queer and trans students of color at SU and ESF.
LGBTQ+ Faculty/Staff Affinity Group
A group for faculty and staff at SU and ESF who identify as LGBTQ+.
LGBTQ+ History Month
Each October, we present a month of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, and asexual themed programming.
Every winter, we fund a delegation of undergraduates to attend this national LGBTQ leadership conference.
Trans Day of Liberation
In April, we host a speaker or performer who gives voice to the lives, identities, possibilities, and experiences of trans communities.
Lavender Graduation is an annual gathering of faculty, staff, students, and community members to celebrate and send off LGBTQIA+ members of the graduating class. Formerly known as the Rainbow Banquet, this ceremony includes an alumni guest speaker, recognition of graduating students, and presentation of lavender cord.
Syracuse University’s policies and procedures uphold our beliefs in equality without discrimination.
- Non-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
- Employee Non-Discrimination/Anti-Harassment Policy
- Sexual Harassment, Abuse, and Assault Prevention Policy
- Student Same-Sex Domestic Partnership Policy
- Faculty & Staff Benefits Eligibility Policy
LGBTQ+ Living Learning Communities
- LGBTQ+ Living Learning Community - Located in 210 Women’s Building, 820 Comstock Ave, Syracuse, New York 13244.