If you’ve completed at least 12 credit hours while enrolled in a degree program at another college or university, you’re considered a transfer student.
If you’ve taken college classes without enrolling in a degree program, or will have less than 12 credits when you plan to enroll, you should apply as a first year student .
Ready to learn more? Our dedicated student team is here to help.
If you enrolled in an institution of higher education as a full-time student after graduating from secondary school and received graded credit in academic coursework, please apply as a transfer student.
If you are intending to apply to Syracuse University as a transfer student, use this checklist to complete your application.
Learn how we work to make a Syracuse University education affordable.
Visit us virtually, where we're committed to helping you experience our campus, our people and our undeniable spirit online.
Contact us at email@example.com or call 315.443.3611 with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What defines a transfer student?
- Can I still apply even though the deadline has passed?
- When will I receive my credit evaluation to see which credits will transfer?
- Do you accept credits from my college?
- Can I reapply to Syracuse University?
- Do you have partnerships with community colleges and other institutions?
- More frequently asked questions