- You must be enrolled in, or have graduated from, an accredited secondary school. If you are a homeschooled student, please review the homeschool requirements.
- Syracuse requires standardized test scores, either the SAT or ACT, if you are a domestic student or an international student studying in the U.S. or studying overseas in a school following the American system of education. Syracuse University does not require or consider the SAT subject tests. The essay and writing portions of the SAT and ACT are not required.
- Although not a requirement for admission, the best way to academically prepare for college is to take a college preparatory curriculum, including four years of English, science, social studies, and mathematics (through geometry and intermediate algebra), and a minimum of three years of a foreign language.
- Common Application
- Official secondary school transcript
- Senior year grade report
- Standardized test scores: SAT or ACT. Essay is not required with the new SAT. ACT writing section is not required.
- Secondary school counselor evaluation
- Two academic recommendations
- Early Decision agreement (if you are applying ED)
Review our college-specific requirements for any additional items for the college to which you are applying.
Applying for a Discovery Program? You will indicate this on the Common Application. Due to visa application requirements, students applying to a Discovery Program for the fall 2018 semester must be at least 18 years of age by July 1, 2018. Once you submit your Common Application you will receive an email with the required Discovery Program Application Supplement.