Along with a completed application and application fee, you are required to submit all three of the below:
- Transcripts or the equivalent, signed by the parent, guardian, or homeschool instructor, that lists the secondary school courses completed by the applicant for grades 9-12 and the student’s performance in each course. If you did attend high school at any time please have the school send your transcript for coursework completed.
- SAT 1 or ACT. Syracuse University does not require the writing section for either exam.
Fall 2021 note: Given the extraordinary circumstances facing high school students and families due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SAT/ACT scores will not be required for students applying for fall 2021 admission. Students who are unable to submit test scores, or who choose not to, will not be disadvantaged and will remain eligible for merit scholarships. Please read the full details surrounding this update here.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone outside the student’s household (teacher, community leader, or other individuals familiar with the student).
And one of the following:
- An official document that attests that the homeschooled education meets the equivalency to what is taught in the high school district. This document may be provided by the state Department of Education (if provided by that state), the homeschool liaison within the student's school district, or from a school official in the high school district.
- The GED (General Education Diploma) is also an option along with any other State approved equivalency assessment through TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion).