Along with a completed application and application fee, you are required to submit all three of the below:
- Transcripts or the equivalent, signed by the parent, guardian, or homeschool instructor, that lists the secondary school courses completed by the applicant for grades 9-12 and the student’s performance in each course. If you did attend high school at any time please have the school send your transcript for coursework completed.
- SAT or ACT. Syracuse University does not require the writing section for either exam.
Spring/Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 note: Syracuse University remains test optional. Students who choose not to submit SAT/ACT test scores will not be disadvantaged and will remain eligible for admission and merit scholarships.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone outside the student’s household (teacher, community leader, or other individuals familiar with the student).
And one of the following:
- An official document that attests that the homeschooled education meets the equivalency to what is taught in the high school district. This document may be provided by the state Department of Education (if provided by that state), the homeschool liaison within the student's school district, or from a school official in the high school district.
- A HSE (High School Equivalency) test approved by the State including the GED (General Education Diploma), HiSET (High School Equivalency Test) or the TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion)..