You could be a pioneer like Col. Eileen Collins ’78, the first female space shuttle commander, John Tsebe, the first black national librarian in South Africa, or Robert Jarvik ’68, H’83, inventor of the artificial heart. You could be the next household name, like TV personality Dick Clark ’51, or actor Taye Diggs ’93. You could dominate the arena, like basketball player Carmelo Anthony, or Hall of Fame member, Jim Boeheim ’66, G’73. Or you could influence generations, like Joseph Biden L’68, President of the United States.
Whatever you decide to do and become, we know it’s going to be amazing. And we know because of the opportunities you’ll have here, including to:
- 324,000+ degrees awarded
- Intern at some of the world’s most admired companies such as Google, Nestle, BMW, J.P. Morgan Chase, General Electric, and Nike.
- Expand your career options by exploring the numerous fields available in the College of Arts and Sciences , the heart of the University’s liberal arts experience.
- Study abroad with one of the top programs in the country.
- Rely on Career Services to guide you through all stages of career planning.
- Meet people from all backgrounds and commit to diversity and inclusion across campus, with support for DACA/undocumented students, veterans, persons with disabilities, Native Americans, and more.
Whether you know exactly what you want to study or haven’t narrowed down your interests, you have time to explore before declaring a major.
At Syracuse, ranked #58 by U.S. News & World Report, you'll do more than just pursue your passion. You’ll be given the tools and opportunities that will enable you to flourish in your chosen area of study.
Set the tone for your college career with an inaugural semester in Florence, Italy; Madrid, Spain; or Strasbourg, France.
Syracuse University prepares students with a distinctive education that can be applied across careers and throughout your lifetime.
With its mix of traditional and contemporary architecture, sprawling greens, and historic sculptures, Syracuse’s campus is the backdrop for the stories you’ll tell over and over.
The best way to know if Syracuse is the right fit for you is to visit our gorgeous campus in the heart of New York State.
If you are currently enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited secondary school, please apply as a first-year student.
Homeschooled prospective students applying to Syracuse University for undergraduate admission should be aware of the extra requirements to be considered for admission.
Use this checklist if you will be an incoming first-year student, and currently attend high school in the United States (or if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident and studying outside the U.S.)