All Main Campus and Skyhall residents are required to purchase a meal plan. Meal plan options are based on your class year. Please indicate which meal plan you want on the online Housing and Meal Plan Application, which will be available once you submit your Admission Acceptance Form (AAF) and the appropriate payments.
Your Dietary Needs
- You’ll have a wide variety of fresh foods to choose from every day, including daily entrees, vegetarian and vegan items, pizza, deli, salad bar, grill, and made-to-order stations.
- Shaw Dining Center offers Kosher and Halal meals on weekdays for lunch and dinner.
- Every dining center offers both vegetarian and vegan items at each meal.
- If you have a special dietary requirement, food allergy, or other nutrition and food-related issue, please make an appointment to meet with the registered dietitian. Assistance is also provided in dining centers if you have visual impairments or limited mobility.
View the 2022-23 meal plan descriptions and rates. Costs and descriptions for 2022-23 will be provided when available.
- Meal plan swipes can be used at Brockway, Ernie Davis, Graham, Sadler, and Shaw Dining Centers. Meal plan accommodations are made for Goldstein Dining (for Skyhall residents only).
- First-year students may choose one of three plans: the Orange Unlimited Plan, the Blue Unlimited Plan, or the Block 220 Plan.
Meal Plan Dining Dollars
- Meal Plan Dining Dollars are supplemental funds included with most meal plans. This account allows you to buy food on an a-la-carte basis at Schine and Goldstein Student Centers and all campus cafés.
- They do not roll over into future semesters, and cannot be replenished once they have been spent. If you would like to add more funds to spend at Food Services locations, you will add ‘CUSE Cash, which can be spent at all locations that Meal Plan Dining Dollars are accepted (see below).
- ‘CUSE Cash is a declining balance cash account that provides access to food, goods, and services through the University I.D card. This account must be established each academic year.
- ‘CUSE Cash can be spent at nearly every point of sale on campus: Food Services locations, vending machines, the Schine Box Office, the Stadium Box Office, campus convenience stores, concession stands and shops at the Stadium, and on all products in the Syracuse University Campus Store.
- The balance on your account carries over from fall semester to spring semester. At the end of the spring semester, unused balances are credited to your bursar account.
- More information, including how to add funds to your ‘CUSE Cash account, is available here .