Important: If you’re applying for financial aid, review the required applications and due dates. In order to be considered for aid, you must file all of your application materials by the specified dates.
Cost of Attendance
Check out an overview for undergraduate, graduate, and international students. More detailed information for each group is available.
Cost and Aid for Veterans
Syracuse University is committed to supporting those who have served our country. If you are a veteran, Syracuse University’s Veterans Resource Center will assist you with Veterans Affairs (VA) and provide a welcoming space for you and your family on campus.
Types of Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
How do you realize your dream of attaining a world-class education at Syracuse University? Apply for financial aid—it’s easier than you think!
Speak with a Counselor
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs is here to assist you and make the financial aid process as easy as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Did you know…
During the 2015-2016 academic year, approximately 75% of Syracuse University students received some form of financial support totaling $380 million. The single largest form of that financial aid was the nearly $260 million awarded to students in the form of Syracuse University grants and scholarships.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are financial aid awards taxable?
- Do I need to file for financial aid every year?
- If I receive my Student Aid Report (SAR) and it says I am selected for verification, what do I need to do?
- What if there is a change in my family situation or I have special circumstances?
- Should I send Syracuse University my income tax returns?
- What types of financial aid must be repaid and what types do not have to be repaid?
- More frequently asked questions