About the School of Education and Falk
School of Education
The School of Education is a national leader in enhancing educational practice. A pioneer in the inclusion movement, the School of Education continues that tradition through its work to improve urban education.
Social justice principles are at the foundation of programs in exercise science, food studies, human development and family science, marriage and family therapy, public health, nutrition, social work, sport analytics and sport management. Academics, service learning projects, internships, research opportunities, immersion travel and clubs connected to our majors prepare students for careers to make a difference in the communities where they will live and work.
CoursesCore coursework covers cultural foundations of education, educational leadership, and instructional design. Sample courses include:
- Family Development
- Teaching Strategies for Inclusive Education
- Play, Childhood Development and Early Education
- Perspectives on Disabilities
- Family Development
- Communication in the Classroom
Practical ExperienceThe program's coursework is supported by real-world learning opportunities.
- Work with children at the Bernice M. Wright Child Development Laboratory School, an inclusive early childhood education program located on campus.
- Learn more about early childhood programs and inclusive education in an international culture through travel to Peru, Costa Rica, Brazil, Italy, South Africa, and the Galapagos Islands.
- Build skills through practicum experience in a community organization such as Head Start and the Syracuse City School District.
- Join faculty members as they research such areas as special education, early intervention, and family development.
Study AbroadRanked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., Syracuse Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries, with nearly half of all students going abroad during their four years.
Life After Syracuse UniversityWith a degree in Inclusive Early Childhood Special Education, you can pursue such careers as:
- Special education teacher
- Child life specialist
- School psychologist
- Education administrator