Your studies will span the fields of anthropology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, earth sciences, physics, psychology, and sociology. You’ll benefit from diverse coursework, real-world field experiences, and extensive lab resources.
Core coursework covers biology, chemistry, and anthropology. Sample courses include:
- Forensic Toxicology
- Firearms & Impressions Evidence
- Forensic Chemical Analysis
Extensive biological field and extracurricular opportunities will enable you to earn hands-on experience in the industry.
- Gain research experience by working in the labs of biology faculty.
- Participate in undergraduate research conferences.
- Get involved with TriBeta, the undergraduate student-run life sciences interest group.
Broaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., SU Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries.
Life After Syracuse University
With a degree in forensic science, you may explore careers such as:
- Biological scientist
- Material scientist
- Clinical laboratory technologist
- Forensic scientist
- Law enforcement officer
- Court psychologist
Or pursue a graduate degree in such fields as medicine, chemistry, public health, or public administration. Recent graduates of the program have attended some of the top graduate schools in the U.S.