This is the application for federal student aid. You may also choose to apply for a Syracuse University Grant. A grant is money that does not have to be repaid. You’ll need to file the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE to do so.
Please be sure to meet the financial aid filing deadlines . Applications submitted after the deadline may be awarded on a funds available basis.
To apply for 2022-2023 financial aid, complete the:
- 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - to file for federal financial aid
- 2022-2023 CSS/Financial Aid Profile - to apply for Syracuse University Grant
Read more at Federal Student Aid .
To Apply for Federal Aid
Please file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) , using Syracuse University’s School Code: 002882.
To Apply for a Syracuse University Grant
Please file the following:
- FAFSA , using Syracuse University’s School Code: 002882.
- College Scholarship Service (CSS)/Financial Aid PROFILE , using Syracuse University’s School Code: 2823. The required CSS/PROFILE processing fee may be waived by CSS if you’re a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen, first-time college applicant whose family has limited income and assets.
Other Forms that May be Required
- Noncustodial Profile (NCP) : This form may be required if your parents are separated or divorced, or were never married to each other.
- Income tax forms: You will be notified if your income tax returns are required.
- Parent information may be requested of students who are independent due to age, according to information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
After You Apply
Your financial aid applications will be reviewed and you will be notified of your eligibility after you are admitted to Syracuse University.
You must reapply for financial aid each year.
Federal and state regulations, funding availability, and University policy factor into determining your award. Your Syracuse award notice may contain any of the following:
- Syracuse merit scholarships–awarded only at the time of admission, in recognition of prior academic achievement. No separate application is required.
- Syracuse need-based grants
- Federal and state grants
- Student loans
- Employment eligibility
- Outside scholarships and/or tuition benefits
MySlice: Keep Track of Forms and Applications
After you apply for admission, you’ll receive instructions for accessing MySlice, your secure virtual gateway to life at Syracuse. This portal will keep you up-to-date on the financial aid application forms and documents you need to submit to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs. Check it often to stay current on requirements and deadlines.
Sometimes special circumstances can impact a student's financial aid situation, including certain living arrangements or family situations that may change during your time at Syracuse University. This may result in the need to clarify your situation with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs. Read more about Special Circumstances .
The U.S. Department of Education selects students each year for verification, and requires that our office confirm the data that was supplied by the student, spouse, and/or parents. Read more about verification .
Renewing Financial Aid
To renew your financial aid, you will need to file the aid applications and forms each year as listed on your MySlice Financial Aid To Do List before the deadline . Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a funds available basis. Federal aid eligibility is determined by regulation, your eligibility, and funding availability.
Changes in family financial circumstance (income, assets, number of household members attending undergraduate school, etc.) will affect your financial need and aid eligibility.
Read further details about renewing financial aid , including renewing scholarships, Syracuse Grants, maintaining Satisfactory Progress, enrollment requirements, etc.