Read the pledge, then click “Take the Stay Safe Pledge” button at the bottom of the page.
In this extraordinary time of a pandemic, we are responsible for ourselves and each other. We will work together. We will rise to the occasion. We will take necessary steps to keep each other safe. And we will not put ourselves or others at risk.
As we plan to reopen this fall semester, we all will embrace and adapt to new practices for our living, learning and working environment. At the core of these practices is protecting the health and safety of every campus community member. To do so, all members of the Orange community are expected to take an active role in promoting the safety, health and wellbeing of every campus community member. That means abiding by all health and safety directives from federal, state, local and University officials through the fall 2020 semester and beyond and encouraging others to do the same. We will all do our part to keep ourselves, our peers, our colleagues, and all Syracuse University community members safe.
As a member of the Orange community, I am committed to keeping myself and the Orange community healthy and safe from the spread of COVID-19. I pledge to take the following actions:
How to Keep Myself Safe
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- Get a flu vaccine (provided by the University) when it becomes available.
- If gathering with people outside of my residence, practice social distancing and limit gatherings to 25 people.
** As of October 15, 2020, and until further notice, social gatherings off-campus may not exceed five individuals who do not live together.
- Wash my hands regularly and clean any surfaces I touch.
- Monitor my health on a daily basis for symptoms of COVID-19, and notify the Barnes Center if I exhibit symptoms.
How to Keep the Orange Community Safe
- Wear a mask or face covering while on campus.
- Wear a mask or face covering off campus where social distancing measures cannot be maintained.
- Avoid traveling outside of Central New York for the duration of the Fall 2020 semester.
- Adhere to all directives and University guidance if I need to be quarantined or isolated.
- Don’t attend classes or participate in extracurricular activities if exhibiting any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, are awaiting test results, or test positive for the virus.
- Participate in return to campus testing as well as any testing required throughout the academic year.
- Fully and honestly participate in contact tracing.
- Encourage others to follow these guidelines.
- Follow any new directives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or New York State that become public during the semester.
The safety of our community is a shared responsibility, and my actions can put myself and others at risk. I understand that whether or not I take this pledge, failure to comply with these directives may result in a referral to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR) for violation of the Code of Student Conduct, which governs individual and group behavior on and off campus. Sanctions for violating the pledge may be found on the OSRR website.
We recognize that some students with disabilities, in order to live and learn safely, may need to modify some aspects of this pledge. Students who believe they may not be able to adhere to these protocols for disability-related reasons should contact the Center for Disability Resources to request a reasonable accommodation/modification. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 315.443-4498.