The University is no longer operating an on-campus testing operations center for asymptomatic individuals. Symptomatic students in need of COVID testing services can make an appointment at the Barnes Center by calling 315.443.8000. Faculty and staff requiring a COVID test are encouraged to utilize a community provider, your primary care physician or an at-home COVID test.
The University also offers low cost self-administered COVID tests for students, faculty, and staff. You can purchase these through dedicated vending machines across campus at the following locations:
- Barnes Center: first level near JMA Dome side entrance
- Dineen Hall: ground level vending area
- Life Sciences Complex: first level in the existing vending area
- Goldstein Student Center: ground level in the existing vending area
- Schine Student Center: ground level in the underground sitting area
- The Mount: ground level of dining facility on the Day Hall side
Also, Syracuse University Health Service Pharmacy at The Barnes Center at the Arch offers several brands of over-the-counter, at home COVID-19 tests, some of which are covered 100% by various insurance plans. Most insurances will cover up to 8 tests per month per member. Simply bring your insurance card to the pharmacy and an associate will try to bill your insurance for the test kit. If your insurance will not cover the test then you can purchase them. For questions please call the pharmacy directly 315-443-5691 and an associate would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
View checklists for information on what to do if you test positive on a self-administered, at home test.