Syracuse researchers explore the uses of unmanned aerial vehicles and their impact. Also featuring: Invest Syracuse, Counting on Success, Capturing the World.
Drones Across Disciplines
As unmanned aerial vehicles become more common in our skies, Syracuse University researchers explore their uses and impact from multiple vantage points.
With a new $100 million initiative, the University seeks to advance academic excellence and redefine the student experience.
From his Central New York roots, Board of Trustees Chairman Steve Barnes ’82 became a global executive and philanthropist who honors the University’s influential role in his life.
Newhouse photography major Chase Guttman ’18 travels the globe in search of inspiring images.
Also in this Issue
- Scientific Discovery: Cosmic Smash-Up Shines Light on the Origin of Gold
- Invent@SU: Students Design, Prototype, Pitch Innovative Products
- Research Snapshot: Not on Stage? Access to the Gig Economy, Infrastructural Competence, and Participation from Underrepresented Populations
- University Treasures: Historic Words on Women’s Rights
- Talent Agency: Guiding Young Artists
- Danielle Thomsen: Where Have All the Moderates Gone? (Q&A)
- Giving Day: Donor Support Boosts the ’Cuse to New Heights
- Syracuse Abroad: Learning about the Refugee Experience in Strasbourg
- AmericaServes: Coordinating Care for Veterans and Their Families
- Competitive Video Gaming: eSports Enter the Academic Arena
- Newsmakers/Sports Notes
- National Security and Counterterrorism: New Perspectives on Outdated Laws of War
- International Conservation: Saving Darwin’s Finches
- Melissa Luke G’07: Effective Counseling
- Elijah Ali Shama ’19: Championing Freedom of the Press
- Danielle Schaf ’19: Excavating Stories
- William Wylie: Geometric Theorist
- Thomas J. Walsh G’84: The Gift of Education
- Traditions: The WAER Connection
- Ronald Goldfarb ’54, L’56: Legal and Literary Pursuits
- Colline Hernandez-Ayala ’89: The Rewards of Sharing Knowledge
- Celebration: Coming Back Together 2017
- Mario Mercado ’99: Innovation for an Ancient Sport
- Celebration: Orange Central 2017
- Orange Connection: Bettering Education in Sierra Leone
- Warren Berger ’80: The Art of Questioning (Q&A)
- Casey Hanewall G’05: A Foundation for Leadership
- Linda Tatar Landau ’76: Orange Pride, Arizona-Style
- Theodore McKee L’75: Honorable Engagement
- Tribute: Remembering Coach Mac
- The View: Knight Nabs NCAA Title