The rise of social media has forever altered how presidential candidates maneuver in their runs for the White House. Also featuring: Honoring the Bard, Game Day, 2016 Commencement.
Presidential campaigns now thoroughly and strategically use social media to mobilize supporters, talk to reporters, and attack their opponents. Whether Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or even Snapchat, the candidates are as engaged in social media as any savvy corporation at trying to sway hearts and minds and build loyalty.
Honoring the Bard
As the world marks the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death, Professor Dympna Callaghan reflects on his life and times and the lasting impact of his work.
We asked members of Orange Nation how they get revved up for Game Day. Paint your face? Eat orange food? Here are some traditions that fans shared with us.
Photographs and highlights of the University’s 162nd Commencement.
Also in this Issue
- Disability Culture: Superheroes for an Inclusive World
- Fresh U: A First-Year Exploration of College Life
- University 100: Student Ambassadors Connect Visitors to Campus
- Baseball Statistics and Sabermetrics Club: Crunching Major League Numbers
- Research Snapshot: Communication Avenues for Vietnamese Fishing Communities in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama with Coastal Resource Agencies
- Fit Families Program: An Active Time for Children with Autism
- Newsmakers/Sports Notes
- Boxing Club: Lessons in the ‘Sweet Science’
- University Treasures: The GI Bill Transformation
- Women’s Basketball: Coach Q’s Formula for Success
- Johan Wiklund: Maximizing Potential
- Terry Jones ’16: Native Storyteller
- Jason Foggie ’16: Designing Cultural Connections
- Eunjoo Jung: Honoring Children’s Development
- Traditions: In the Scrum
- Richard Granoff ’84: Design, Build, Play
- First Person: Three Halves
- Barbara Beskind ’45: Inventions for Quality Aging
- WhitmanNYC Alumni Club: Bringing Business Lessons to High School Students
- Lauret Savoy G’90: Landscapes of Memory and Loss
- Orange Central 2016: Reminisce and Reconnect
- Elizabeth Braungart Fauth ’00: Enhancing Late-Life Care
- Q&A with Scott Wiener ’04: Enticed by the Slice
- Colin Seale ’04, G’07: Bringing Critical Thinking to the Classroom
- The View: Alum Wildhack to Lead Syracuse Athletics