The University has provided education to thousands in the armed services—including many who have gone on to prominent leadership roles. Also featuring: 50 Years of Newhouse, Welcome to Dineen Hall, Uncommon Getaways.
Lessons in Leadership
Syracuse University has a long history of boots on the ground. Generations of cadets, soldiers, and veterans have walked across campus and into the schools and colleges that have helped prepare them in various ways for their military careers and post-military lives.
- Syracuse University has a long history of boots on the ground
- Leading in an age of complex global challenges
- U.S. Air Force Major General Franklin “Judd” Blaisdell ’71
- U.S. Army Major General Peggy Combs ’85
- U.S. Army Major General Fredric H. Leigh G’72
- U.S. Air Force Lieutenant General Charles P. McCausland ’57
- U.S. Air Force General Robert H. Reed ’59
50 Years of Newhouse
The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications builds on its half-century tradition of excellence, unveiling its new studio and innovation center with an assist from Oprah Winfrey.
Welcome to Dineen Hall
The College of Law moves into its new state-of-the-art home.
Spring Break takes on a new meaning for Syracuse students who embark on unique educational adventures.
Also in this Issue
- Music Notes: Pitch Perfect
- Veterans' Initiative: Understanding Trauma
- Educational Exchange: Connecting with Kenya
- Public Policy: World-Class Partnership
- Information Studies: Millennials Communicating
- Research Snapshot: The Incorporation of Minorities in Canada and the United States
- Sally Prasch: Unbreakable Bond
- James Fathers: Purposeful Design
- Sascha Scott: Intuition for Art
- Ebony Jones '15: Architecture Ambassador
- Geraldine de Berly: Global Outlook
- Justin Elkhechen '15: Cellular Explorations
- Traditions: Rebirth of a Campus Landmark
- Shari Appollon '07: Bringing Girls' Lacrosse to Brooklyn
- Andres Lazo G'75: Beyond the Call of Duty
- John Berry G'81: Doing a World of Good
- Reflections with David S. Tomkinson '67: Leaving Home for College
- Ben Baldanza '84: High Flier
- Lauren Cramer L'94: For the Love of Art
- Q&A with Thomas Moore G'75: Soulful Journey
- Photo Gallery: Orange Central 2014
- Coming Back Together 2014
- The View: Memorable Fall