Professor Tim Korter and his research group are pioneering advances in identifying chemical compounds. Also featuring: From the Hill to the Hall, The Diplomat, Service to Syracuse, Remembrance and Hope, A Mission that Matters.
At age 38, Korter is a leader in the field of time-domain terahertz (THz) spectroscopy. His lab is among a handful of university-based labs in the world exploring the potential of THz radiation for pharmaceutical, security, and other applications.
From the Hill to the Hall
Donna Shalala G’70, H’87 and Kathrine Switzer ’68, G’72 are among the newest class of inductees into the National Women’s Hall of Fame.
Former U.S. Deputy Secretary of State James Steinberg brings decades of high-level domestic and international experience to his new role as the dean of the Maxwell School.
Service to Syracuse
Richard L. Thompson G’67, who has long served the University in alumni leadership roles, will draw on experiences in business, government, and law as chairman of the Board of Trustees.
Remembrance and Hope
On the 10th anniversary of 9/11, the Syracuse University community comes together to reflect, learn, and reach out to others.
A Mission that Matters
Deborah Alexander G’82, G’95 reflects on her decade of work in Afghanistan.
Also in this Issue
- Information Technology Initiative: Networking in Haiti
- SU in LA: A New Home in Southern California
- University Treasures: A Grove Press Gem
- Study Abroad: Discovering Paris
- Orange Television Network: Campus TV Goes HD
- Tranfer Transition: Community College Connections
- Transnational NGO Initiative
- Sports: ACC Bound
- Research Snapshot: The Case of Energy
- Dr. Spiro Tzetzis: Promoting Health and Wellness
- Brianna Carrier: Adventures Far and Wide
- J. Michael Haynie: Game Changer
- Paul Longchamps: Hitting the Trail
- Chase Catalano: Social Justice Education
- Traditions: Fastest in the Land
- Orange Connection: Motivated for Change
- Orange Legacy: A Special Place for the Daniels Family
- Orange Central Photo Gallery
- Garland Jeffreys '65: Fearless Music
- Joe Ehrmann '73: Transformational Coach
- Kimberly Blackwell '92: Building Brand Confidence
- James Little G'76: Vividly Abstract
- The View: Margie Hughto