The University celebrates the art of Professor Jerome Witkin with a 40-year retrospective. Also featuring: Near and Far, Urban Spark, Transformative Vision.
The Story MasterLink
This year, Witkin marks 40 years of teaching painting at the College of Visual and Performing Arts (VPA). In celebration, the University is hosting Drawn to Paint: The Art of Jerome Witkin, a retrospective of those years comprising 70 works.
Near and FarLink
Syracuse University and the Near East Foundation form a strategic alliance that is shaping the future of social and economic development abroad.
Through the collaborative work of the Near West Side Initiative, a once-neglected Syracuse neighborhood is being revitalized to ful ll the vision of residents.
With a $15 million gift from the Falk family and an emphasis on pairing social responsibility and service with experiential learning, the College of Human Ecology becomes the
David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics.
Also in this IssueLink
- Biomedical Engineering: Problem Solving in Ghana
- Q&A: Dylan Keeps on Keepin' On at 70
- SU Humanities Center: Pursuing Peace
- Research Snapshot: Too Big to Fail?
- Belfer Audio Archive: A Solid Gold Radio Show Hits the Air
- University Treasures: Pulp Culture
- Japanese Relief Efforts: Campus Rallies to Aid Earthquake and Tsunami Victims
- Regional Campaign Update: Miles Apart, Close at Heart
- Commencement 2011
- Captain Michael Stephens: Balancing Service and Studies
- Ruth Sullivan: Dietary Delights
- Farhana Sultana: World of Water
- Jessica Santana: A Driving Force
- Tom Kennedy: Digital Storytelling
- Traditions: The Syracuse Triad
- Prized Journalism: Two Alumni Honored with Pulitzers
- Connecting Cultures through Words and Technology
- In the First Person: Rainbow-Colored Days
- Jackie Savage McFee '94: A Brand of Her Own
- Orange Legacy: The Manley Connection Lives On
- Debra Person G'08: Against All Odds
- Kurt Busiek '82: Comic Book Adventures
- John R. McMahon '77: Battling the 'Big Muddy'
- Q&A with Alan Will '73: Overseeing the Nation's Nuke Detecting Lab
- Dennis Crowley '98: The 'Mayor' of Innovation
- The View: Syracuse Soldiers