The professionals in Career Services are focused on helping you explore your options, build skills, make connections, and can assist you throughout your college career and well beyond.
First, we start by laying out all kinds of career paths. We search through different industries, graduate programs, law schools, and med schools.
Then, we can help you build the skills necessary to apply and connect to opportunities you want to pursue. By utilizing the resources and services that can be useful both during and after college, such as:
- Workshops on resumes and cover letters, interviewing and networking, search strategies, personal statements, social media, etc.
- One-on-one counseling sessions
Next, we’ll help you take the steps to connect with employers and alumni, and apply for things that interest you. One connection leads to the next, and could potentially lead to employment before you graduate. In fact, approximately 40% of Syracuse undergraduates secure employment before they even graduate!
If you already have an idea of your goals and interests, some of our schools and colleges have their own career services. The qualified staff of each is waiting for your special set of skills.
- School of Architecture
- College Arts and Sciences
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Informational Studies
- School of Education
- College of Law
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management
- The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- College of Visual and Performing Arts