By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Other Kinds of Reporting

Syracuse University recognizes that community members may wish to formalize their complaints, by filing a grievance, reporting externally, or reporting a crime.  

File a Formal Grievance

A person with a disability who believes their disability is not being accommodated, or who has experienced discrimination or harassment on the basis of disability, may file a formal complaint with the University’s ADA/503/504 Coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity, Inclusion, & Resolution Services by email at , by phone at 315.443.4018, or in person at 005 Steele Hall.

Report a Concern Externally

Syracuse University is committed to complying with all federal and state laws including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and all other applicable laws prohibiting disability discrimination. These statutes generally prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities and provide that no otherwise qualified person with a disability shall be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity of the University.
If you believe that your rights have been violated, you are encouraged to report it to the University through our Report a Concern Form . In addition to, or in place of, making a report to the University, a person with a disability may also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights , the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (for employees), or the U.S. Department of Justice .

Report a Crime

If you have a criminal matter to report, immediately contact the Department of Public Safety at 315.443.2224 or the Syracuse Police Department at 315.442.5111 or dial 911.