Our history of welcoming military veterans to campus dates back to World War II, and Military Times named us the top private institution in its Best for Vets 2020 rankings.
We were ranked third in the nation among Best Colleges for Communication and Journalism by College Factual in 2020.
Nationally Ranked Schools and Programs
- A perennial leader in public administration, the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs’ graduate program earned U.S. News & World Report’s top ranking in 24 of the past 25 years.
- Our broadcasting, television and film programs are ranked among the top in the world by Variety (2020).
First-of-Their-Kind Degree Programs
- Our undergraduate sport analytics program combines data analysis with math, business and communication skills that ready students for careers in the sport industry.
- A longtime leader in research, training and advocacy for disability rights and studies, the School of Education has contributed pioneering work in special education that dates back to the civil rights movement.
- Our interdisciplinary minor in infrastructure, cities and the future is a unique program nationally that combines engineering with public policy, business, design and information science.
Driving Innovation and Leadership
- The award-winning BioInspired Institute brings together chemists, bioengineers, biologists and physicists to address global challenges through innovative research, creating new products and solutions that enhance health and save lives.
- Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars at Syracuse University Libraries connects the campus ecosystem with a worldwide network that supports innovators and entrepreneurs. Leveraging these resources, our students have raised $20 million in investments and won $3.3 million in competitions.