Many Orange events and experiences are being created virtually. Stay connected to the people and life of Syracuse University.
The pass/fail grading option deadline has been extended. Undergraduate students now have until Friday, April 10 to select the pass/fail option.
Help support the Central New York community. Let us know if you have an idea or would like to offer assistance as our local community responds to the COVID-19 crisis.
Check out the new "Orange Moments" videos. The weekly short video series features user-generated positive moments from the Orange community.
Updates and Community Messages
Virtual Orange Opportunities - April 1
Chancellor Kent Syverud details how students, faculty and staff can remain connected and involved through virtual services, events and activities.
Pass/Fail Grading Option Deadline Extended to Friday, April 10 - April 1
Associate Provost for Academic Affairs Chris Johnson explains the new deadline for undergraduate students.
Coronavirus Update: Community Assistance Portal and Student, Faculty and Staff Resources - March 31
Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation Michael Haynie shares up-to-date news for members of the Orange community.
Coronavirus Update: Expanded Services, New Resources and Reminders – March 28
The latest updates for members of the Syracuse University community from Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation Michael Haynie.
Coronavirus Updates, Guidance and New Action - March 26
Commencement 2020, working remotely and other important updates for the University community from Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation Michael Haynie.
Supporting Our Community - March 25
Chancellor Kent Syverud offers perspective on what it means to Go Orange.
Update: Room and Board/Meal Plan Refunds and Credits - March 25
Interim Director, of Auxiliary Services Jennifer Uryniak shares further information regarding Spring 2020 refunds and credits.
Coronavirus Update and New Guidance - March 24
Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation Michael Haynie provides important updates to the University community, students and families, and faculty and staff.
Registration for Online Summer Sessions Starts Tommorrow - March 24
University Registrar Siham Doughman announces the move of previously scheduled residential courses to online delivery.
Previous Updates and Community Messages
- Coronavirus Update: Room and Board Refunds, Commencement 2020 - March 23
- Expanded Pass/Fail Grading Option Offered for Spring 2020 Semester - March 22
- Coronavirus Updates and Guidance 3.21.20 - March 21
- Coronavirus Update: Message from Interim Provost John Liu - March 20
- A Message from Chancellor Kent Syverud - March 20
- Coronavirus Update: New State Order Impacting Our Workforce - March 20
- Coronavirus Updates and Resources and Services 3.19.20 - March 19
- Coronavirus Update: Deadline for Dropping Classes and Switching to Pass/Fail Extended - March 18
- Coronavirus Updates and Guidance 3-18-20 - March18
- Coronavirus Update: Retrieving Belongings from Residence Halls and South Campus - March 17
- Coronavirus Update: Free Bus Tickets Available for Students; Buses Depart Beginning at Noon Today - March 17
- Coronavirus Update: Moving Out, Traveling Home and Storing Belongings - March 16
- Coronavirus Update: State Order Will Require Dining Halls and Fitness Centers to Close at 8 p.m. Today - March 16
- Message from Chancellor Kent Syverud - March 16
- Ongoing COVID-19 Update - March 16
- Message from the Chancellor: Coronavirus - March 15
- Additional Guidance for Faculty and Staff - COVID-19 - March 15
- Coronavirus Update: Spring Break Reminders - March 14
- Coronavirus Update: Staff Accommodations - March 13
- Coronavirus Update: University Travel Reimbursement - March 13
- Ongoing COVID-19 Guidance: Syracuse Abroad, Travel, Spring Break - March 12
- Additional Guidance on Covid-19 Planning and Response - March 11
- Residential Instruction Suspended Effective End of Day Friday, March 13; University to Transition to Online Learning - March 10
- Syracuse University to Suspend Academic Program in Madrid - March 9
- Coronavirus Update: New Resources, Domestic Spring Break Trips Canceled, Additional Travel Restrictions - March 9
- Coronavirus Update: New Travel Guidance and Ongoing Preparedness Planning - March 6
- Recent Coronavirus Events Prompt Additional Action, Coordination and Planning - March 2
- University Travel to Italy Temporarily Restricted - February 29
- Coronavirus Preparedness, Coordination and Planning Continues - February 27
- Vital Health Message, Please Read: Coronavirus Preparedness, New Actions Underway - February 26
- Important Coronavirus Update, Academic Program in Florence to Be Suspended - February 26
- Message from Chancellor Kent Syverud - February 1
- Highest Travel Warnings Now in Place, Travel to China Temporarily Restricted - January 31
- Important Information About Coronavirus from Syracuse University Medical Director Dr. Karen Nardella - January 25