By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Veteran and Military Requirements

If you have previously served in the United States Armed Forces, are currently serving on active-duty, or if you are in the National Guard or Reserve, please see the application requirements below.

Thank you for your service to our nation!

In addition to our military application, Syracuse University also accepts the Common Application.

If you are interested in enrolling in part-time study or fully online undergraduate degree programs, visit University College for more information on application and admission requirements. 

If you are interested in enrolling in a graduate program (full-time, part-time, online or hybrid), visit the Graduate School for more information on application and admission requirements.

Questions about requirements or application materials? Email or call 315.443.3611.

Application Requirements

Complete the Veteran and Military Application for Admission or the Common Application

Complete an audition or portfolio review, if required. Refer to the College Specific Requirements to determine if you need to submit additional materials. 

Please note: The materials below should be sent directly to:

   Syracuse University Enrollment Management Center
   716 E. Washington St., Suite 200
   Syracuse, NY 13210

  • Official high school transcript, GED or TASC if you have fewer than 12 credits of college coursework completed.
  • Standardized test scores. If you have fewer than 12 credits of college coursework completed, submit your SAT or ACT scores. To have your standardized test scores sent to Syracuse University, please use the following codes: SAT: 2823 ACT: 2968.
  • Official college or university transcripts for every college or university you have attended. Do not send photocopies or unofficial copies.
  • Official military transcripts such as the Community College of the Air Force, Joint Services Transcript, or from any specialty military school that provides transcripts.
  • A copy of your DD214 (member copy 4) or NGB-22. If you are currently serving, please provide the most recent copy of your orders or enlistment contract.
  • A signed copy of the Transfer College Report if you have separated from the military and are currently attending or have attended another school full time since separating.