By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Application Checklist for Transfer Students

Use this checklist if you are intending to apply to Syracuse University as a transfer student.

This section outlines what you need to do to complete your application if one of the following describes you:

  • You are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and have attended an institution of higher education for any period of time after graduating from secondary school and received graded credit in academic coursework.
  • You earned a high school diploma/GED, enrolled in a degree program at another college or university, and completed at least 12 credit hours.

If you have taken college classes without enrolling in a degree program, or will have less than 12 credits when you plan to enroll at Syracuse University, you should apply as a first-year student. Transfer students are evaluated primarily on the basis of their college-level work. If you’re unsure of your status, contact .



Review our transfer requirements.

Transfer requirements differ slightly from our first-year requirements, so you should review before completing your application. 

Note: if you have completed fewer than 30 credits of college-level academic coursework, you must also submit an official copy of your high school transcript along with official ACT/SAT score reports.


Complete the Online Common Application


Pay the Application Fee ($85*)

*If you are eligible for an application fee waiver you will be able to indicate this on the Common Application


Send your Official Academic Transcript(s) to Syracuse University


Submit the College Report Form

Available through the Common Application or download to submit. Syracuse University requires a College Report Form from each school that you’ve attended.


Submit one academic recommendation


Submit any additional application materials, if required.


If required, submit your portfolio or audition

Required for applicants to the School of Architecture or College of Visual and Performing Arts programs in art and design, drama, or music.