Federal Work Study
- Work-study eligibility is awarded based on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) data and on funding availability.
- The Federal Work-Study (FWS) award represents the amount that may be earned through a work-study job.
- FWS is not credited directly to the student tuition account; instead, you work at the job’s hourly rate and receive a weekly paycheck for hours worked.
- The money earned may be used for personal living expenses (supplies, food, etc.)
- Students can contact the ’Cuse Works office for assistance finding an on-campus job or by joining Handshake
What if I don't have Federal Work Study?
You do not need to have Federal Work-Study award to work while at Syracuse. There are a number of non-work-study positions available both on- and off-campus.