About the College of Engineering and Computer Science
Future engineers and computer scientists learn to create new knowledge and technologies through ten undergraduate majors. Students have access to nationally regarded research centers, state-of-the-art lab spaces, and challenging internships.
CoursesCore coursework encompasses database management, networking, security management, systems, and web design and management. Sample courses include:
- Software engineering
- Computer networking
- Web system architecture and programming
- Database management systems
- Front-end web design and development
Practical ExperienceThe systems and information science major provides in-class and entrepreneurial experiences so you can practice management, computing, and design skills in virtually any area you choose.
- Gain hands-on experience in design laboratories, focusing on new applications of computing techniques. The program integrates engineering design, theory, and practice within the social and organizational contexts in which these complex digital information systems will be employed.
- Co-ops and internship opportunities in Engineering and Computer Science empower you to pursue experiential learning through professional, paid work experience in your field and still graduate in four years.
- Collaborate with faculty on research projects at on- and off-campus institutes and labs.
- The College of Engineering and Computer Science has 20 co-curricular organizations as well as student organizations like Engineers without Borders and WiSE (Women in Science and Engineering).
Study AbroadBroaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., Syracuse Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries.
Life After Syracuse UniversityWith a degree in systems and information science, you can pursue such careers as:
- Systems and data analyst
- Web and user interface designer
- Systems and network support engineer
- Database administrator
- Software engineer