You’ll keep pace with the rapidly changing technology that has transformed this industry, while maintaining the passion and integrity that have made journalism a calling for generations of reporters. You’ll be prepared to report, write, and edit, as well as produce visual content for the ever-growing online platforms and print media.
- Multimedia Storytelling
- News Writing and Reporting
- Visual News Reporting
- Web Journalism and Innovation
- Virtual Reality
- Specialized Reporting in a variety of fields, including politics, urban affairs, sports, and international
- Communications Law for Journalists
- Diversity and Media Issues
- You can contribute to on-campus publications, such as The Daily Orange, Syracuse’s award-winning student-run newspaper.
- Create content for the NewsHouse, the campus news, sports, and entertainment website created by Newhouse students.
- Internships are an important part of the Newhouse student experience. An engaged alumni network, a proactive Career Development Center, and “finding an internship” seminars all provide valuable leads for career-launching internship experiences.
Broaden your perspective and enhance your resume with an international experience through SU Abroad, with more than 100 programs in 60 countries.
Life After Syracuse University
As a Newhouse graduate with a newspaper and online journalism major, you can explore such careers as:
- Digital journalist
- Sports writer
- Wire services reporter
- News editor
- Managing editor
With the help of the Newhouse Career Development Center, which offers career support to Newhouse students and alumni, over 80% of Newhouse graduates are employed within six months of graduation.