About the School of Education
The School of Education is a national leader in enhancing educational practice. A pioneer in the inclusion movement, the School of Education continues that tradition through its work to improve urban education.
CoursesCore coursework emphasizes anatomy and physiology, adaptive physical education, and community/environmental health. Sample courses include:
- Teaching Methods for Elementary and Secondary Physical Education
- Motor Behavior Across Lifespan
- Teaching Health-Related Fitness
- Analysis of Human Motion
- Adapted Physical Education
- Community/Environmental Health
Practical ExperienceThe health and physical education major is supported by many real-world learning opportunities.
- Work with children in urban, suburban, and rural settings during up to nine in-classroom placements.
- Experience inclusive education in international culture through travel to Peru, Costa Rica, Brazil, Italy, South Africa, and the Galapagos Islands.
- Build skills through practicum experience in a community organization such as Head Start or the Syracuse City School District.
Study AbroadRanked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., Syracuse Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries, with nearly half of all students going abroad during their four years.
Life After Syracuse UniversityA degree in health and physical education prepares you for a career as a/an:
- Health teacher
- Physical education teacher
- Athletic trainer