The program includes extensive coursework and research on energy issues, its supply, use, and impact on our environment. The major is designed to complement a broad range of programs in the natural sciences, the social sciences, engineering, or management.
Core coursework is centered on environmental studies, earth science, and international relations. Sample courses include
- Dynamic Earth
- Ecological Problems and Society
- Climate Change Past and Present
- Economic Ideas and Issues
- Solar Energy Science and Architectures
Take advantage of real-world learning opportunities that will bolster and enhance your experience.
- Organize geography-related events such as films and outings as a member of the Geography Club.
- Supplement your learning and networking experiences as a Renée Crown University Honors student.
- Get hands-on experience as an intern at leading environmental and urban planning firms.
Consistently ranked among the top international education providers in the U.S., SU Abroad is a storied part of the SU experience. With over 100 programs in 60 countries, nearly half of all students go abroad during their four years. Energy and its impacts students have studied abroad in Santiago, Florence, and London.
Life After Syracuse University
With a degree in energy and its impacts you can explore careers such as:
- Environmental engineer
- Geographic specialist
- Urban and regional planner
Or earn a graduate level degree in the areas of economics, geography, and sociology, among others.