Who can become a member?
The Syracuse University Intelligence Community Center for Academic Excellence (ICCAE) program is open to all matriculated undergraduate and graduate students at Syracuse University, including those who wish to pursue careers in the U.S. Intelligence Community and those who are interested in national security and intelligence but do not seek professional opportunities in these areas.
Students at consortium partner schools can join their institution’s affiliated programs and may participate in related programmatic and curricular activities at Syracuse University.
What are the program requirements?
Students will take courses and participate in related program activities to enhance their knowledge of the U.S. government’s national security and intelligence domains. Requirements include:
- One core course
- Two or more electives from within these subject areas:
- History of U.S. Intelligence and National Security, the Intelligence Community, and Critical Thinking and Analytical Writing Skills for Intelligence Analysis
- Cultural Immersion, Language Study and Study Abroad Experiences
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Participation in at least three Syracuse University ICCAE events per semester, including the annual colloquium and trainings on such topics as diversity and inclusion, leadership, ethics and security clearances
Degrees and Certificates of Advanced Study
Syracuse University will offer a minor and a certificate of advanced study in intelligence and national security beginning in the near future.
A full list of electives and core course syllabi will be available soon.
How do I Apply?
- Complete an online application
- Make an appointment and meet with ICCAE advisors to determine your interests, which courses you should take and which events you will participate in
Questions? Contact Us or Make an Appointment
Syracuse University’s Intelligence Community Center for Academic Excellence offers unique coursework as well as programmatic and training opportunities to prepare students for professional positions within the U.S. Intelligence Community. The ICCAE program is open to all undergraduate and graduate students at Syracuse University; students at consortium partner schools can join their institution’s affiliated programs and may participate in related programmatic and curricular activities at Syracuse University.
Contact us today to learn more about becoming a Syracuse University ICCAE program member.