Stay calm, we’re here for you.
- Dial 315.443.4299 for immediate medical assistance.
- The Syracuse University Ambulance (SUA) provides emergency and non-emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the academic school year and is funded by a portion of the student health fee.
- Follow all instructions the dispatcher gives you and do not hang up until you’ve been told to do so.
If you need to report a crime or have been the victim of physical assault:
- Dial the Department of Public Safety at 315.443.2224.
- Dial #SU (#78) from a cell phone.
- Go to a blue light station and push the alarm button. A Public Safety Officer will come to you.
- Dial 911. You will reach the Syracuse City Police Department.
Emergency resources on campus
We encourage students to be aware of the many options at your service in case of emergency.
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- Locations are spread out across campus in the event of a cardiac emergency
- AED locations
- Blue Light Phones
- Activate for assistance from a Public Safety Officer
- Blue Light locations
- University Area Crime-Control Team (UACT)
- Staffed jointly by the Syracuse University Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Syracuse Police Department (SPD), the UACT patrols in the immediate off-campus and fraternity/sorority neighborhoods focused on robbery and burglary suppression.
- Syracuse Police Partnership (SPD)
- SPD officers routinely patrol the streets that intersect and are adjacent to the University. SPD officers do come on campus when required to investigate crimes, but they make every attempt to notify the DPS prior to doing so and are accompanied by DPS officers when on campus.
- The LiveSafe App
- This acts as a “mobile blue light” that allows users to connect with the Emergency Communications Center at the touch of a button.
- Orange Alert
- Syracuse University’s alert notification system. To sign up, log on to MySlice, select Orange Alert and follow the instructions to register your contact information. The Department of Public Safety will use this to contact you with information and instructions in the event of a campus emergency.